Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mammaw's Macaroni Salad

This is 100% the ONLY macaroni salad I will ever eat. I could eat it the rest of my life if I had to, it's that good. I never liked macaroni salad until I tried my Mammaw's during a holiday dinner. Ever since then, I demand she make it every time I see her. This is the first time I've been brave enough to make it myself, and I'm pretty satisfied! Not so satisfied that I have to eat all this myself! But, it's too good to be too upset.

It's pretty simple!

Ingredients:
Cooked elbow macaroni
One large cucumber, seeds spooned out
One tomato, seeds spooned out
One green pepper, seeds spooned out
One onion
Two stalks of celery
One- two large pickles
Three-four hard boiled eggs
About 2 cups of Duke's mayonnaise
Salt and pepper

Cook your macaroni and eggs while you dice up all of your cleaned vegetables. Mix in a large bowl, and that's it! Make sure you stir it often and salt and pepper it. It can keep for about 3-5 days. Try out this deliciousness and let me know how you like it! (: Makes me miss my Mammaw and Pappaw at each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment