Saturday, May 23, 2015

Easy Apple Crisp

We had lots of little apples that needed used up and I was in a super baking mood! This was the same day I made the no bake cookies, actually....So I was on a roll! When Hubby and I began dating, one of the first things he asked me was what was my favorite kind of pie. After I answered apple, he told me I was perfect. LOL, So we love apple pie and apple flavored things in this house! He is always coming home from work with pocket fulls of apples, and they're one of all of our favorite snacks!


Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter or one stick
3 big apples or 6 small apples
Ground cinnamon - as little or as much as you like



Start by peeling and cubing your apples. I loved this because I get to use my nifty little peeler contraption Hubby got me. I LOVE the time I save with this thing! And SS loves to turn the handle and eat the peels. I also love my apple slicer because I SUCK at cutting apples!


Generously butter a baking dish and spread out your apples. Top them babies with some cinnamon! Yummm!!! Preheat your oven now to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix your flour, brown sugar, and butter with a pastry cutter. Add in some cinnamon to this too if you like! Ya'll know I did! When your mixture is clumpy, and not fully mixed, top your apples with it. Bake 30-40 mins until golden brown.


I promise, your house will be filled with the most amazing and perfect smell ever and you will want to dig right into this! Top it off with some home style vanilla ice cream, and you're good to go. You will thank me for this. I guarantee it. Try this super easy recipe out and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment