Sunday, March 15, 2015

Creamy Garlic Pasta

Groceries are dwindling down around here as we wait for an opportunity to go to the grocery store. Meanwhile, I was STARVING last night while Hubby was at work. I was on Pinterest, of course, looking at pasta recipes that I could make to use up some spaghetti noodles we have and came across this recipe. My Mom would make this all the time, so I already knew I'd love it, and I just so happened to have exactly what the recipe called for left sitting around. This was super easy, and even yummier than I remembered.


Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream

In a pot, bring olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and let cook for a few minutes while stirring. Mix in the butter until melted, and then add salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.


Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook according to the boxes instructions. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan cheese until melted. Turn off the heat and mix in the heavy cream.

This turned out super creamy, and FULL of flavor. Usually I would add extra parmesan on top, but there was no need! I steamed up a bag of broccoli florets and paired them together. It was delicious and filling. Tried my hardest not to eat the whole pot, so Hubby could have some when he got home! I'm glad I didn't eat anymore because he devoured into it! Try this out and let me know how you like it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment