Friday, March 27, 2015

White Chicken Chili

Yummy, yummy, yummy! My Hubby has never had white chicken chili before, so I've been anxious to make this for him! Of course it ended up being a little spicy for SS and I, but not spicy enough for Hubs.... The red pepper flakes and hot sauce made their usual appearance! None the less, this is still an awesome dinner. And bonus!...Crock pot!! I threw all the stuff I needed into the crock pot before heading out to go get stuff for our garden, and 4-6 hours later after all our shopping, exploring, and relaxing was done, dinner was ready for us! I love lazy cooking (:


Ingredients:

2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 cans of great northern white beans (can also use pinto)
1 can of whole corn (white corn would be awesome but I couldn't find any)
2 small cans of green chilies
One 32 oz container of chicken broth
2 packets of McCormick white chicken chili seasoning


Put your chicken in the crock pot along with your chicken broth, chilies, and seasoning. Drain beans and corn, and add those as well. Stir, cover, and cook on high for four hours, or low for six hours. That's it!

I used frozen chicken, so after 5 1/2 hours on low it was pretty much cooked, I shredded it up, and cooked another thirty minutes. We topped it with cheese, and crackers! Also, sorry for the dark picture... my over head light on the stove blew out ): But you get the idea! This smells sooo yummy, and has a good spice to it! If you don't like so much spice, use one can of chilies. If you LOVE your spice, add another can! But it has a nice balance. Try this out since its so easy, and let me know if you enjoyed it! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment