Friday, March 6, 2015

Garlic Broccoli Pasta



Yesterday we took a day trip to Disney World. One of the many perks of living in Florida and having annual passes. We didn't get home until past 2am, and we are sore, tired, and cranky. We had a lazy day of laying in bed, on the couch, and playing Disneyland Kinect. So I was NOT about to make a big dinner with tons of ingredients or steps. My legs are sore and feet are covered in blisters, so I wanted something that wouldn't have me standing any longer than 20 mins. Another wonderful perk of Disney (:


This is a favorite of ours and I've got it down to where I put my own "measurements", but I will make it more precise for you guys. Of course with some wiggle room for things like cheese. Because who wants a limit on how much cheese they can eat?!

The trick with the cheese is picking the right kind. Usually the "fancy" cheese in the little buckets work best, but sometimes my store doesn't have any. So the store brand usually works just as well. It just ends up being SUPER cheesy and getting stuck all in the pasta spoon and pot if you put it in while it's still steaming. The plates are super fun to clean. I had a little bucket of fancy cheese, but had some store brand mozzarella that needed used up so I forgot all about the fancy little bucket.


Ingredients:

12 oz of uncooked pasta (elbow works best)
6 1/2 cups of broccoli florets, no stems
4 large cloves of garlic or 5 small cloves
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
salt and pepper to taste
as much or as little cheese as you want

To start, add your pasta and broccoli at the same time, in a boiling pot of salted water. Cook according to the pasta directions. SAVE A CUP OF THE PASTA WATER. I almost always forget this step, and I really think it makes a difference in the taste. Drain and put your pot back on the stove.

Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil, and once HOT, cook your garlic in the oil over low-medium heat until golden. Return your pasta and broccoli back to the pot and add your pasta water and other tablespoon of oil. Add cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

Incredibly easy, and super yummy! This is SUPPOSE to serve six...it serves the three of us in our house, with room for salad and garlic bread. Now you understand "Feeding My Monsters" if you didn't already! Hubby had a third plate and probably four pieces of garlic toast.... Give it a try and tell me how you like it! The first time I made it, it was pretty bland. Salt and "sprinkle cheese" (grated Parmesan) helped a lot! So that's why I'm giving no limit on cheese! It all depends on your taste and how you like YOUR food. Enjoy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment