Monday, March 9, 2015

Honey Sesame Chicken

Today was my first full day at home by myself. SS isn't home until next week, and Hubby was at work. So I spent my day catching up on some sleep, dishes, and laundry, and doing some unpacking. I didn't have to cook dinner at the usual time since Hubby gets off work late at a different time every night. So it was a perfect opportunity for a crock pot meal.


This meal is DELICIOUS. First time I made it, Hubby was craving sesame chicken, and this cured it. It amazes me how one ingredient, chicken, can be made to taste like so many different flavors. It's probably my favorite ingredient to cook with. I have to watch how much chicken, rice, and pasta I cook because I love them all so much. Which is why you'll see a lot of recipes involving chicken, rice, and pasta on this blog!


So lets get started! Ingredients:

6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, or 4 chicken breasts
salt & pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp corn starch
1/3 cup water
rice
sesame seeds for garnish

You want to lightly salt and pepper each side of your chicken. Combine your onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, and red pepper flakes. Pour over your chicken in the crock pot. 


Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours. 


Remove chicken and shred while preparing rice. Dissolve corn starch in water and add to your sauce in the crock pot. Cook on high for 10 minutes. 


Top your rice with chicken, sauce, and sesame seeds, and DEVOUR!

Try this out and let me know how you like it! I promise you it won't be the last time you make it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment