Friday, March 27, 2015

Mama's Homemade Creamy Mac 'n Cheese

Yet another of my, missing home and having cravings, recipes from my Mama, with no exact measurements. It's so frustrating sometimes when my Mom tells me some of my favorite recipes she makes because I want it to be as good as hers! She's made some of these for us our whole life, so she's become a pro at eye balling how much is needed in her recipes. Recently though, my interpretations have come out pretty great. This would be one of those!


My brother and I were basically raised on macaroni and cheese. Due to his Autism, it was one of the only things we as a family all enjoyed. I want to say a few years back though, my Mom started making this homemade macaroni and cheese. I don't think I'll ever go back!! The generic box stuff just isn't as good anymore. This is awesome as a side dish, which I used for the dinner I made in the photo. But we've made it our whole meal before! It's just that good, and you can't get enough of it.

Ingredients:

16 oz elbow or shell macaroni
Butter
Milk
Velveeta cheese
Shredded cheese (fiest blend, cheddar, mozzarella, any kind you like....)
Salt and Pepper

Cook your macaroni according to the boxes instructions. Drain, plop a big glob of butter into the pot, and cut a big hunk of Velveeta cheese. Cut it up into decent size chunks, add milk, and a big handful of shredded cheese. Salt and pepper to taste, and stir till melted. You can add more cheese/milk/both as you like, depending on the consistency you want. Once satisfied with your pot of gooey cheese, mix in the macaroni!

That's it! Super easy, and super yummy. My Mama also told me sometimes she seasons it with a little bit of nutmeg as well, so maybe give that a try! Let me know what you think, and if you love it as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment